View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #175
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
The woman in the Museum! Implausibly aggressive, probably not a German native speaker (accent is a bit too harsh & clipped - I'd guess she's Dutch),
Yeah, she is a terrible actor. Why didn't anyone tell her not to bang her fist. Bad directing. But her accent is certainly not Dutch (I am Dutch). To me she sounds like a native speaker. If you think she can't be German, then perhaps she's Austrian or Swiss.

[[I deleted my earlier post, I thought I was posting it too soon and it was too long anyway. I'll repost some of it.]]

Score: 380

I love the opening scene with Gracie running in her long dress. Wonderful chapter about Ludwig’s tormented soul. It hadn’t really sunk in that he was only 18 years old when he became King and I think even younger when he met the Black Wolf, according to Christian’s diary. I was almost sorry to get back to Gabriel. And when one of Gabe’s chapters ends, I’m almost sorry to get back to Grace. The different modes complement each other and make the game even more interesting and immersive. Good game design.

Isn’t it interesting that some of the paintings in Neuschwanstein are from the opera Parsifal and in the singer’s hall the Tour tape tells Grace the story of Hildegunde, when Thomas in the zoo said the missing wolves were called Parsifal and Hilda. Neither Thomas nor Herr Doktor strike me as Wagner fans, but who knows.

BTW, something bothered me in the singer’s hall. It is connected to events in chapter six, so don’t read the spoiler, Sughly and other first-time players.

Spoiler:
How come the Tour recorder knows so much about Engelhart (hey, another Angel and Hildegunde, names and all? The opera was LOST, right? It would have made sense if The Voice had said nobody knows the story behind the paintings or something like that.
Bad game design.

Spoiler for the opening movie of chapter 5:
Spoiler:
Love it. Our little angel getting the attention his body needs. (But I hate his backstabbing Grace.) “Detta! Show him his bedroom!” Von Glower may be magnetic, attractive... and he is, he is... but he sure knows how to issue commands.

Last edited by Fien; 03-11-2010 at 08:35 AM.