View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #164
Sughly

Well, as a first time player I am very much agreeing with Andrea at the moment, so I can vouch for the first timer perspective.

I think the quotes from the novel also are adding so much insight to GK2 for me. I know Gabe never really expressed himself properly in GK1 like he did in the novel then as well, but I feel like just reading that one bit makes me see so so much more of the GK2 Gabe. It's a shame that that feeling isn't replicated more in the game, but being internal thoughts it wouldn't be an easy thing . Even when it comes to his thoughts on what's happening around him at the moment, with the men at the club and with the werewolves, I'd love to know more about what his thoughts and feelings are rather than a continual mix of bewilderment and bemusement. Someone said it before, the line lending itself to his past (something about suggesting him to be a womanizer), and I think in that line it showed a crack of some internal thought and I wanted to see more! Bah, ok I'm done with my rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I felt sorry for Thomas, since Gabriel uses him for his own means. I know most adventure heroes do this, but it always makes me feel sorry for the used characters, and makes me wonder what happened to them afterwards.
Haha, I know exactly what you mean! I always think back on those poor souls at the end of a game, thinking (despite the usual positive nature of endings) 'but what about this person or that? What about them?!'. Maybe they all meet at bars later and mope to each other about the different neglectful protaginists...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance