View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 05:26 AM   #1789
Little Writer

I've started "Secret Files: Tunguska". Trying to figure out how to get the cat back in the kitchen. Already made the brailer (there's a word in the English voc I've never encountered before!), and filled the porcelain bowl with water, though haven't yet found an application for either. Don't tell me, though!

I love how the inventory is always on screen and immediately applicable; certainly beats always having to click on an icon to call it up, then choose an item, close the inventory, see if you can use it, and repeat the process a dozen times.

I love the realism of this game, graphics wise. Really refreshing after the cartoonish Sam & Max and Monkey Island. Nina is a great character. I didn't like the way her dad looks in the opening movie, all stiff, dead-eyed and devoid of facial muscles. But all the settings look like real places. It's not completely real, you can clearly see it's still a drawing, but there's a great attention to detail.

Puzzles were pretty straightforward so far. I missed the carpet's edge in the bedroom, then I guessed the combination (but I immediately understood where the last number came from once I got it). Now I'm stuck, so I guess I'll just have to look around some more to try stuff, because I've already tried every intuitive idea.

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13