View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 AM   #4
terhardp

Hi Austin, I've just checked your site and myspace profile and I really like your music. You have the gift, that's for sure. Keep nurturing it. All the best!

I must say your story really inspired me. I'm a self-thought pianist, keyboardist and guitarist. I have none formal music education (I've finished law school, but I don't work in the field). I've started playing the piano at the age of 6 (i've just turned 30 recently). So far, I've mostly leaned toward profiling myself as a performer, improvisator and arranger and begun composing only a few years ago. This mostly due the fact that decent recording equipment finally become affordable. I'm also still looking for that "inner voice" when it comes to composing. Sometimes I have the feeling that it's almost impossible to came out with some absolutely fresh idea, especially for melodies, without stepping on something that has allready been recorded. Therefore I'm mostly sticking to atmosphere music for now: ambient, new age, jazz, neo-classical, but I'm still hoping that some Vangelis-like (recognizable but still unique) melody idea will strike me someday.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III