View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
Dea ex Machina

I just sent them the following message via their customer service contact page (for lack of a better E-mail address):

(Forgive me if I am addressing this letter to the wrong department, however the website's contact page kept redirecting me here.)

I have just received word of Activision forcing the cancellation of the King's Quest fan-sequel, The Silver Lining. As the new copyright holder, this is your right. However, as someone who has been looking forward to this project for a very long time, I am heartbroken, and I imagine many other fans are feeling the same. I urge you to reconsider.

I do not think that this project would conflict with an official King's Quest sequel, if that is your concern. Indeed, if you do have one planned, nothing would make me happier. (I was rather hoping that if the fan sequel were popular and successful, that might make an official sequel more likely, and then I'd have MORE King's Quest to play.)

I'd be happy to try any King's Quest adventure you release. But I'd like very much to have this game to play in the meantime.

If Activision does NOT plan to release any official sequels, then there is no possible way that this fan-project could harm you, and there is no reason not to let it continue.

Please. The previous copyright holder, Vivendi, came to an agreement with the developers of The Silver Lining that allowed the project to move forward. Canceling it now just seems mean-spirited on Activision's part, and makes you look bad to potential customers.

Please change your mind.

Don't know if that will do any good, but what the heck.