View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #334
Sughly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns11 View Post
There are a couple of plot issues still eating at me, but I might be remembering some things wrong so I'll recheck those before asking about those here, but one thing I can't believe they didn't address was:

Spoiler:
Ethan's blackouts, and then coming out of those with origami figures in hand and visions of drowned victims. Maybe it will be answered in a DLC episode, I hate that though, it should have been addressed in game.

Another thing I don't get, if Cage never planned on a sequel, why do certain ending movies have obvious sequel set-ups? I guess these set-ups could be for DLC episodes, but one of them specifically seems a little too big of a setup for an episode.
I completely agree on both counts. Massive, massive plot hole that you outlined in the spoiler. It's seems very convenient to avoid answering it . That aspect of the story is kind of cheap - just a red-herring (I believe is what it's called in books and such).

And I know the sequel-suggesting comment you mean. I'm not sure I liked it, especially if they don't plan on doing anything with it. Whenever stories have these and fail to follow up on them it just seems like the writer couldn't let his story go as a finished package. It was a big cliched too, which doesn't help it's cause.

Hmmm that was quite a negative post after my previously positive one. Nit-picking people - still a very great game . I think you would be pleased with it Lupin.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance