View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #1767
geggis
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I'm playing "Lure of the Temptress", since hey, it's free. It's a cute little game with some funny bits, although things like Ratpouch saying, "Excuse me madam" when he's obviously passing by a monk with the full hair-do and everything detracts from it. I get easily lost in the maze, and I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be doing next, or why in the world he would be helping them in the first place!

The characters walking around remind me of the ones in KQ5, though, which makes me smile.
I remember pleading with my mum to let me have the day off school to play Lure of the Temptress, and she let me: woooo! I must have been about 9! Happy times. I loved how the characters would walk around the village and people had to be found. The menu was quite in depth too so it wasn't just a case of spamming interactions and trying everything on everything. I found it more focused than a text parser but just the right side of a complex GUI so that there was plenty to do and explore. I also love the graphics with the little alleyways, the tavern, blacksmiths etc. There's a really tense bit as well involving the Skorl that I'll not spoil... (is that right? Skorl?)

Last edited by geggis; 02-24-2010 at 09:24 AM.