View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #25
Fien
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
I don't think it's possible to finish with less than 90 points! (is it Andreas?)
It is possible, because I managed it the first time.
Spoiler:
Didn't see Frau Huber's note, but I could pick up the car keys anyway.

Quote:
Re the zoo, I actually hadn't been there in the 15 years I've lived in Munich, but was there for the first time only 5 months ago (It's what happens when you've got a 2-year-old child!). So I can vouch that the Zoo (like every other "real" location in the game) is authentic - I made sure I checked out the wolf enclosure while I was there . It's possible the fences were manipulated a bit, but fundamentally, it's the same. (Don't think any "spoiler" bits are needed here? I'll need to try & work out how to do them for other bits in a minute!)
Huu! And the youtube video (which I have seen before but I plain forgot the zoo was in it too) confirms what you said, although it's hard to get a good view of the fences. Remind me to give the wolf area a wide berth, next time I’m visiting the Munich Tiergarten.

@Matan: Oops! Wrong chapter. I hate it when people spoil my fun, so I'm very sorry.

@Danigar: I will give you the gist of the German lines but you may be disappointed.

Spoiler:
The policeman is trying to get through to Gabe and he says what you’d expect him to say: No, I don’t speak English, can I help you? What do you want? Who wants to see Kommissar Leber? You are...? He is busy, he has no time, he cannot see you, goodbye. Americans... pfff.

Baron Von Zell: I don’t want to discuss it here with you.
Herr Doktor Klingmann: My apologies, I have honestly no idea why... [enter Von Glower]

Von Zell simply tells Von Glower he has to leave.

Andrea:
Quote:
Herr Doktor Klingmann's theories about wolves clearly refer to a philosophical concept known as state of nature. If we read Hobbes' work, and he's perhaps the first philosopher to create such a notion, we see that his theory of bellum omnium contra omnes, sometimes referred to as homo homini lupus, is an obvious precedent of the "survival of the fittest" mentality Klingmann seems to endorse.
On the contrary. Herr Doktor Klingmann actually *denies* believing in the survival of the fittest, just before he explains his Language of Death theory.