View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
kadji-kun
Banned User

When the iPhone came out, it was the best Smartphone out. iPad isn't the best Tablet out, and that is what people one. Big difference.

Not to mention, the first iPhone wasn't so great either. It was until the second generation came then did it actually become a quality product. Same thing will happen for the iPad.

Why would someone one a device that's smaller than an average laptop but bigger than a iPhone? To read ebooks or to draw on. The iPad is only good for ebooks, and loses its artistic merits for failing to include a pen. The worst part about writing on a iPhone is writing with your finger. Its stupid and clumsy.

What else can the iPad be used for? Adventure games. It is quite a good platform for such a genre. Its small enough to be portable, but large enough to be enjoyable. Imagine playing Broken Sword on it? It would be great.

People want a simple fully functional OS for such a device, yet it has no multitasking either. That is an issue if you want to us it as a work device. The cool thing about my tablet pc was that it was made for work and play. It doesn't try to be overly simple where it limits the average to hardcore user.

I'll just wait for the second generation if it does well.

@Agustin: Actually the top users of Apple products are Artists. Not to mention, you can't even run flash on the tablet. So that alienates web users. No Hulu, no netflix. That also covers movie goers.

Apple just wants money. They are a money whore. You buy there movies, music, adapters, etc. It just is a horrible device that focuses on trends instead of community satisfaction.

Oh and if its a moviegoer tablet. It should include a DVD player. It doesn't. Therefore, its going to be expensive and inaccessible to a REAL and casual moviegoer.

I can make a better Tablet. But guess what? It won't do well, because Apple has such a family of idiots that will bash anything that isn't apple.

The success of the iPhone/iTouch was not because it was a great device, but because of the App Store. For the iPad to really succeed, it will need more than just the App Store.

Last edited by kadji-kun; 01-27-2010 at 09:19 PM.