Thread: The Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #210
tsa
Playing character

So what do you think about the deal Jelena? I also commented about this on Slashdot:

Quote:
Well, I don't trust this Victor Muller guy one but. His track record is abonimable. He first fired Maarten de Bruijn, who was the designer of the Spyker cars and the founder of the company because Maarten Maarten had a more conservative idea about money making than Victor had. Then Victor started a Formula 1 adventure that drove Spyker to the edge of bankrupty. And now he has borrowed 400 million euros to buy Saab, an amount of money he will never be able to pay back if you ask me. He has no experience at all in running a large car factory either. I will not be surprised if both Saab and Spyker are dead half a year from now. That would be devastating because both company make truly unique cars that touch the hearts of many people. For more information you can look up the Dutch and English entries in Wikipedia for Spyker Cars and references therein.
You see I'm very sceptical, to the point of 'out of the frying pan and into the fire.' Hopefully I'm wrong.