View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
andygeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFMN View Post
How far in development is the game and how ambitious are you about the whole thing? Do you plan to make money off of it, and if so, how much? Are you aiming for a successful indie or more for the "hardcore" crowd? All those business points interest me :-)
I've written the story and most of the puzzles, and am about three quarters of the way through mocking up a rough prototype version in the Unity engine (without any proper graphics/animations). I think that for now my goal is to aim for an iPhone version at first, meaning I could sell it through the App Store pretty cheaply, maybe offer the first act for free.

My dream for the long term would be to make enough money selling these things that I could then make them full time (there's obviously enough Old Testament material to make a whole series!) but generally it seems that most indie developers end up releasing one free/cheap game or two first so that people have heard of them and know they're not just bluffing. I'm definitely not at this point aiming for the AAA million-dollar budget project :-)