View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 10:57 PM   #1
Wormsie
Doctor Watson

Default The Question is... Why do you use AGS?

I've always been wondering why so many people use AGS. So, with this freaky Poll as the moodsetter, tell us why you use or don't use AGS.

Why don't I use AGS? (At the moment, I might convert). Back when I started looking into the different adventure game creation programs, I went to the AGS page, and it was, first of all, quite bad. I don't remember if there was a Windows version yet - probably not, or if there was one, it was the first beta or something similar, with a big red text warning that it was unstable and ate people. Also, the support for different resolutions wasn't really that grand back then - 320*240 was the highest, if I remember correctly - and besides, according to the AGS system specifications, my PC would still have problems in running any game that uses high resolution. I tried some AGS games, and they had flickering sprites. The way files HAD to be named in a certain way made me think that AGS was obviously something very special, and chose Agast.

I believe that a thousand AGS fans will prove me wrong with an added-features list. Hit me. I'm not afraid.

To be fair, I must add that nowadays AGS is a lot better. The amount of casualties has dropped significantly.

Last edited by deadworm222; 05-01-2004 at 12:21 AM.