View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #120
Sughly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post
In Detail: Dixieland Drug Store

OK, Willy surely isn't the friendliest guy around (admittedly, he even figures in some fan's most-hated characters' lists), but I always appreciated visiting Dixieland Drug Store because of its atmosphere, which is a strange mix between an everyday supermarket and an eeriely exotic witch-doctor's hut.
I have to agree with this point. Willy, despite being somewhat of a dick, gave the game at this point for me a lot of the intrigue to what was going on in the voodoo scene. I'm not so sure this needs spoilers, but I'll play it safe (as it does give away something about characters involved in voodoo )

Spoiler:
Where Dr. John (sorry if I got the name wrong, been a couple of weeks for me now) is very strong willed in not giving any of this underground scene away, Willy can't help but give away his despise for Gabriel which is really the first chink in the armour of these people. When he lets slip those few words I think I campaigned across all characters I could access to get a translation! I was desperate to get inside the dark world they hid.

So for this reason, Willy was actually one of my favourite characters

Great comments from all! Keep up the good work Andrea.

EDIT: Also, I noticed one of the links for voodoo leads to a site by name of 'Gede'. I hate to sound naive but is there an historical significance with the name? I'm sorry if this has been covered already...

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance