View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #109
3rdFloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Degree View Post
I think one of the reasons I like Gabriel so quickly is the amount we find out about him so early on. His banter with Grace tells us a lot together with meeting his Gran, an old school friend, his local pub landlord and visiting the family grave on the first day we meet him! One of the amazing things is that although we are being fed lots of information about him, mainly through dialogue, it doesn't get boring, being very, very well written and always tinged with humour, even in the more serious bits.
I agree one billion percent! Even though the story takes a little while to get started, there are plenty of background information to gather and cool characters to meet, which in turn gives you a better taste of Gabriel and what his life is all about.

On a related note, tonight I'm planning to replay the first meeting with Malia at the Gedde mansion. I think it's such a unique scene, and the way she's introduced is so mysterious and intriguing. Some of you mentioned that her voice might be a little too serious or cold, but personally I enjoy talking to her exactly for that; such a tone in her voice gives the impression that there's much more to her than meets the eye.