View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 04:07 AM   #107
KasiaD

Quote:
=I have mixed feelings about a topic-centered dialogue tree. I like the basic idea, but I've always felt there should be some kind of visual indication when you've exhausted a topic with a certain character.
I can easily understand your point on this matter, however I think this is sort of "too easy".

In such a meticoulosly designed game as GK1 is, the dialogues do not need to be exhausted, I think. After you have "tapped the resources" of a character on a particular topic, he/she says so, so it doesn't make sense to inquire further. And if you ask anyway - it is natural and realistic that they get mad and impatient and repeat they don't know anything.

In short, in my opinion such design of dialogues makes them more real.

Little Writer - Malia is the Voodoo Lady! Hahaha, I played Tales of MI recently and the memory is still fresh. Now I sort of expect Guybrysh to take over Malia's body in most unexpected moments and I cannot focus on the game

Intense Degree - In my opinion the "Push" button is completely obsolete; the "Operate" one could successfully replace all of its ~3 times use in the game IMO.

Last edited by KasiaD; 01-11-2010 at 04:13 AM.