View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #84
zobraks
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozymanhattan View Post
You will not be disappointed. The voicework on this game is phenomenal. ...
Yeah, I know . The first time around I was totally bewitched by GK. Couldn't stop playing it only to find out that the game let me go all the way to day six without doing something in the day one. If I hadn't look into the UHS hint file I would have been stuck for months with that bug so in frustration I quitted The Sins of the Fathers.

Regardless of this sad experience I still think it is one of the best adventures ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
Whoah what a speedrun through the game!
You can't be more true!
I was hoping for something slower, but the most active participants of this playthrough are just too damn fast for me . Seems like some people hadn't played an adventure game in a long time (or they are specially keen on Gabriel) so when this "ultraspeedrunthrough" :p started they just couldn't be stopped
Of course, things can always turn like in that old fable about hare and tortoise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Sevithiainen View Post
I have not even started day 1 and day 2 has already begun here.
Me too. When I installed the game via Enrico Rolfi's (Endroz's) installer (SetupGKXP103.exe), and doubleclicked the program's desktop shortcut it started rolling and after a few seconds, when the screen resolution changed, the message popped up:

Application Error

SIERRAW caused a General Protection Fault in module SCIDLL.DLL at 0001:40E3.
Choose close. SIERRAW will close.

I thought it had something to do with XP, so I did the same thing on my old Win 98 PC, but the same error occurred.

Finally I installed GK 1 with the wonderful DOSBox installer recommended by Andrea. Thanks a million, Collector, your little program works like a charm!

And so here I am with GK 1 on my laptop, but unfortunately lacking time to seriously play this beautiful game.

Good luck to all of you who do play, and many thanks to Andrea for all the advice regarding game install, and his superb act as a game master .
I may not be posting a lot, but I'll do my best to follow the action by reading the comments.