View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:31 AM   #51
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Where exactly is the Templeton tomb?
I misspoke. The only Templeton in the cemetery is obviosly Gabriel's mother, whose burial niche is inside the Wright's tomb, alongside Gabriel's father and grandfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
When I first started playing this, I thought the story was a bit slow (which now I don't think so), and I also thought the narrarator's voice was horrific, and had to turn the voice off. Now I kind of find the charm in it, and don't mind it as much.
Admiteddly the proper story takes a bit to take off, and Day 1 is almost entirely dedicated to make the player acquainted with the setting, the characters and the themes of the game. Not everyone fancies this kind storytelling, but I certainly prefer it over an in medias res approach.

Quote:
[...]what does MO stand for, when he's talking to Mosely? I ended the chapter (when it gave me back control the next day) with 41 points...how many is the official point list for the day, dear Andrea?
MO stands for modus operandi. As for the total points, the maximum achievable in Day 1 is difficult to calculate, since many actions can be post-poned to later segments, but 41 is not bad at all. However, if you want, I can post the total point-list for Day 1, taken from Sierra's Official Hintbook.

Quote:
The thing I didn't like about this chapter was how lazy Mosely is with police protocal with Gabriel. Yeah, they're friends, but you shouldn't be able to disreguard so many police rules just because they're friends. I just thought it was a bit too unrealistic to let Gabriel see a lot of confidential things.
Well, Mosely is certainly a bit sloppy, but you have to account for his naivete. He hasn't the slightest idea that Gabriel is taking so much advantage of his position.

Quote:
My absolute favorite part of this first chapter, without a doubt, was the mime. It was hilarious how he walked behind everybody, and I loved the silly way he'd impersinate (sp?!) Gab's walking.
If you speak with the mime (or, better, try to) for a dozen of times, Gabriel will do something unexpected
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box