View Single Post
Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Idrisguitar

I'm relatively new to the genre, but the reason I am getting into it was solely the fact that I'm looking for great, well told stories.

This genre looks to be home for this very thing. The action and shooting games out there use story as a side distraction or a ploy to move the game to the next action sequence. However adventure games use stories as their spine, and this for me is the most important factor in an ineractive experience.

Games like Fahrenheit, Shenmue, and ICO (more subtle and more about atmosphere I guess), all show good examples on consoles, and when I realised these games were so very rare on those platforms, I figured I had to try out the massive pool of adventure games on PC waiting for me. I hope I find similar games that truly take my breath away like the ones mentioned above.

A game that becomes a piece of art through its narrative, art style, creativity, and execution means a hell of a lot more to me than a game that has tons of instantly gratifying action sequences.

PS: (I'd love to read through your project when its complete or whenever you want feedback, as I'm genuinely interested to see what your work produces.)