View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #3721
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

My father and I went to see Avatar a second time last Saturday night at 8 PM. We got to the theater (a good one this time), and the entire floor was packed with people who wanted to see Avatar. Naturally the tickets for the 8:30 PM show were sold out. The next showing was 9:50, but I didn't know whether to buy tickets for that - it would late, so I'd need my father's approval, but he was parking the car and I didn't have my cell phone. So I waited two minutes for him, and then they were sold out for the 9:50 showing as well. And more people were still coming, wanting to buy tickets for Avatar. (There was no later showing that night.) I have never seen Israeli theaters that packed.

So we went again tonight, but this time we ordered the tickets a day in advance over the internet. They let you choose the seats that way, and all the good seats in the middle had already been taken so we picked the two that were closest to the middle (though that wasn't saying much). We went there, the room was entirely sold out. (And this is with tickets 150% the price of a 2D movie!) But we saw the movie, and it was awesome.

Sitting there, seeing that world in front of me with all its depth and texture, I wished I could smell it, and feel it. We'll get there someday.