View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
J.H
Frak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottford View Post
For me, Lost Crown would be No. 1 to play on the list of all games mentioned here. But it's far too long and layered to go through in a day or two -- it took me a good month-and-a-half (at an hour or two every few days).

I actually just started replaying Indigo Prophecy for the first time since it came out (on my two-week paid vacation from work!). Even though the game doesn't live up to what Cage had planned (and falls apart pretty terribly at the end), it still is exceptionally atmospheric and quite possibly the most innovative adventure game ever. It feels frighteningly realistic at times.

Though in terms of "atmosphere," I still have no idea what or where the East End of NYC is (where the game takes place). Perhaps Cage was referring to East Village? Or the Upper/Lower East Side?
Yeah I think I'm going to leave TLC until the new year. I now have 5 days off and I'm really enjoying the Indigo Prophecy, I love all that conspiracy stuff lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
Hey JJ. I agree with you, a lot of the characters in "Moment of Silence" are pretty stiff, and the story lags a lot, but I'm still enjoying it. I loved all of the talking in "The Longest Journey", but the talking in "Moment of Silence" is boring me to death!

And a question about Machinarium; I've heard there's hardly any talking between characters, etc. Is there no characterization? Is there a good plot? I'm debating on buying it from the sale, but I really love characterization and plot...
I'm still yet to play TLJ I don't really know anything about it tbh.

Erm the further you go in Machinarium the more you get involved in the story. It's quite a nice little story in the end but it's hardly in great depth or detail. The robots speak only through images in speech bubbles, actions and grunts lol. The characterisation is limited though, tbh I don't even think the main protagonist has a name?

I enjoyed it though, the jail scene was one of my favourites. The hidden object and inventory puzzles are great but there's to many slider type puzzles for my liking. It's definitely worth buying though, especially in the sale.