View Single Post
Old 12-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #3703
Fantasysci5
Stalker of Britain

I just saw the new "Sherlock Holmes" movie. I'm a big fan of Holmes-currently reading through the stories, I'm in love with the Granada Jeremy Brett version, and although I really wanted to see this, I was scared it would butcher the beloved myth.

It was an AWESOME movie!!! There were so many little inside jokes that only people who know the Holmes stories well would get. Not funny jokes, just things that would have fans nodding their heads at the small details they put in. The story was good, and it stuck to the Holmes way-even though it may look supernatural, there's always a scientific explanation.

Jude Law was a perfect Watson, and I really loved his battle with Holmes to help him or to let it go and go with Mary. It was so sweet, the pair of them; I loved t. My favorite thing about the Holmes stories is their relationship. Robert Downy Jr was good as Holmes. I didn't think I'd like him, but he was pretty good.

There were about 3 discrepiences with the stories that made me cringe-first off; Sherlock Holmes never had any type of romantical relationship with Irene Adler. He admired her, sure, but his distaste for women did not come off well, and they were NEVER together like that. Just Hollywood trying to put romance in it. Another was no matter how much Holmes pushs, Watson would never outright hit him. And the third was Holmes fighting. Yes, he's a very good fighter, but he would never do it professionally for money in front of people. *shakes head*

But other than that, it was really good! No mention of his cocaine habit, but that's alright. The interaction of Holmes and Watson was spot on!!! I saw it today with my sister-in-law, and I'm going to see it tomorrow with my best friend as my birthday present!!

It's AMAZING!!!
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes