View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #3689
geggis
the midnight rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
1 - Almost everything that was supposed to be scary was shown in the trailer; trailer = 1:45min. \ movie = 86min.
2 - Something hum.. actually scary ? And no im not saying jump scare moments like .Rec
I hadn't seen a second from the film before watching it so it was all new to me; trailers reveal WAY too much these days so I steer well clear. I saw the US trailer after the film and was amazed to see the ending in there. Wait, [rec] had jump moments? I don't remember one! You want jumps go see Drag me to hell!
Spoiler:
[rec] was pretty average until that last 15 minutes where things started to get pretty edgy. It was worth the price of entry just for that!

Jumps are quite cheap and much easier to achieve but creeping people out these days is a much trickier business. I thought Paranormal Activity was one of the creepiest films I've seen since The Blair Witch Project and if you didn't find that creepy then these sorts of films are definitely not for you. I much prefer the slow burning, subtle kind of horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuze View Post
Well I was scared. What movies did scare you if PA didn't?
I'm damn intrigued as well. What're the scariest movies you've ever seen TiAgUh?