View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #1703
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

RE: Witcher: To be fair on Geralt, you don't have to play him as a misogynist at all, he's not nearly as bad in the books, only in his lecherous bard friend Dandelion's tales. Which is Geralt's primary source of female admirers, he's alien and famous. Like Marilyn Manson.

The Witcher does a great job at being replayable. You can pick either side and run with it, and the game will portray the major characters of each faction differently to suit your choice. Side with the Elves, Siegfried and The Order are xenophobic zealots. While the elves are courageous freedom fighters. Side with the Order and the elves degenerate into desperate terrorists and Siegfried becomes more 'middleground' and reasonable. Its not just those characters either, lots of them shift slightly to reflect your decisions.

----------

Topic contribution: After playing too much Dragon Age Origins, I've uninstalled it to avoid over playing and only seeing its flaws from now on. I still have the urge to try different things but time will only make any future play, better.

I have Batman Arkham Asylum installed and waiting. I need to get through it before Mass Effect 2 shows up. I have other stuff to play too but it'll just have to wait till after feb.