View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #1693
SharonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
Did you ever end up playing KOTOR? I am, and I'm loving the hell out of it! I'm currently about halfway through the Tattooine portion of the main quest.

The widescreen mod fixes work great too! The game looks absolutely beautiful; it's hard to believe it's as old as it is.

Also, regarding DD: does it install and play properly on a newer machine? I had problems with the demo running on my computer, and I was never able to try it out -- I'm just afraid that the same thing might happen if I were to buy the full game.
No, I just barely started KOTOR and found out I really like it. Now it is set aside while I work on Divine Divinity. I seem to spend more time collecting games than actually playing them.

I have a P4 3.2 system with 2GB ram running XP Home. I bought the latest version which ends in 34 and have had no problem running it on my system. Check that... I did have some problems with it crashing but I found that if I turned off my Norton Antivirus while running the game it worked quite well.

My niece likes the games I play and she asked me to get her this game for Christmas (which I did).

There is a GOG download version which is supposed to support widescreen resolutions and work on XP & Vista. The problem is, it's buggy. They are working on a patch, so if you go that route I would wait for the patch.

Hope you have as much fun with it as I am.