View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #336
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

I just finished episode 5 and thought it was very good. However, I can't help but feel slightly disappointed for some reason. I don't know why or what it is... It could be some of the revelations/plot explanations etc. I mean, I'm puzzled how

Spoiler:
Elaine knew that Guybrush would end up in the afterlife before she gave him her wedding ring. Also, am I missing something here? But how/why did Elaine's ring work and bring Guybrush out? Galeb even explained that once the rips are sealed by Guybrush's last shred of life, that whoever's in the afterlife could never leave. And then, that solution just pops up right at the end. Hmmm...

Also I agree with gray pierce about Morgan...

Spoiler:
She redeemed herself for her sins but she seems to be stuck as a spirit forever (for now, maybe?). And now it looks like she'll be the next baddie with her new ghostly powers. Not that she would be able to do much mind, as Guybrush couldn't really do much as a spirit.

I'll have to echo everyone else here about the finale with LeChuck... it was cinematic, funny, clever, fun and with a touch of suspense. At one point, however, I did become a bit confused/frustrated with the

Spoiler:
seesaw puzzle. I thought I'd stumbled on a bug after I'd got Elaine to the light the cannon and clicked on the broken door. Instead of LeChuck landing on the otherside of the seesaw, catapulting Guybrush into the cannon, he landed on the opposite side and threw Guybrush before he even got the chance to step on it. As a result, I ended up checking a walkthrough. Turns out, as many of you know, that LeChuck needs to be standing above the cannon in order for it to work. If I'd've known I wouldn't've checked the walkthrough in the first place.

Either way, it was a very good series that I thoroughly enjoyed and I can't wait to see what's next in store for Guybrush and crew.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour

Last edited by DustyShinigami; 12-14-2009 at 12:27 PM.