View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Sik

Default The Black Mirror sound issues

I just bought The Black Mirror from the Adventure Shop and I'm having some issues with crashes when playing it in Windows Vista. It seems that when playing certain dialogue lines, the game just makes a nasty static sound, and crashes to the desktop. I could, of course, just save the game often, and avoid triggering the lines that cause crashes, but I'm worried I'll hit a dead end eventually.

The point I've been testing at is trying to enter the stables of the castle right after starting the game. Samuel makes a comment about needing to get around the bushes, and mid-line the game crashes, at the same point every time with a static sound that sounds like it could ruin my speakers.

I've tried running the game in various compatibility modes, as administrator, and I've installed it to a directory where I could change access rights to the files. I also tried renaming the majerk and mejerk files as suggested in other threads even if the issues don't seem related.

Have anyone else encountered problems with static sounds that lead to crashes, and if so did you find a solution to it?

Edit: Turning off sound by setting sound=0 in the config file worked to get around the crash, but playing with no sounds is not really an option.

Last edited by Sik; 12-13-2009 at 01:26 PM.