View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #321
gray pierce

Well, just finished the last chapter and I gotta say : that was brilliant ! ToMI is without a doubt my favorite Monkey Island !

First the good :
Spoiler:
I loved the finale, it felt very epic. I really liked the fact that a lot of characters from previous chapters joined in. I also really, really, really liked the fact that Morgan played such a vital role in the finale. I have a huge crush on her and was one of the probably very few people who were rooting for Guybrush and Elaine to break up and Guybrush and Morgan getting together. Oh well, maybe next time.
I also loved the way LeChucks ship looked. Playing on it was a real pleasure. Wich brings me to my next point : I loved the fact that Guybrush really got his butt kicked this time. That hightened the tension for me. I also really liked the fact that Winslow sticked around with Guybrush and Elaine in the end. And finally I loved the final scene with Morgan and the Voodoo lady. Left me craving for more

Then the bad :
Spoiler:
I really disliked the fact that Morgan couldn't be brought back to life. I mean she redeemed her sins, shouldn't there be a reward ? I guess the final scene helps a lot in that way but I've still would have preferred her in a more fleshy form. Also, I would've liked to see more of the seabattle. The very little I saw of it looked pretty good but I still felt like I missed out on something. And finally Elaine's actions were never properly explained.

Well that's all I can think of for now. There is just one more thing that I think needs to be said. I know it's kind of winey and pathetic to remark on it but does need to be said :

Spoiler:
The tales have taken us to many places. Ranging from tropical islands to the inside of a manatee to the afterlife(or sort of) but there's one place we've never been and that is the dreaded shores of MONKEY ISLAND ! So why does this game have the words "Monkey Island" in the title ? Because there's Guybrush, LeChuck and Elaine ? Okay I get that but still you could also show that like this

THE ADVENTURES OF GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD
Sequal to the Monkey Island series

ALSO STARRING :
Elaine Marley
LeChuck

Of course, Tales of Monkey Island sounds better

Finally I'd just like to say, thanks Telltale for such an amazing gameseries and I truly hope you're gonna make another season !

Hope I haven't annoyed you guys to much with my rambling.

Last edited by gray pierce; 12-12-2009 at 05:24 PM.