View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #17
Erwin_Br
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtrooney View Post
Unlike Andrea, I couldn't disagree more. The "pleasing to the eye" graphics were the 2D backgrounds. Everything 3D, most of all the main character visuals, was grotesque. I'm not an X-box, PC3, etc., owner. But I have seen 3D on those machines. And I've seen nothing on a PC that compares.
Huh? PC hardware updates much faster than console hardware, is on the bleeding edge, and if you follow the trends a bit you'll mostly hear the PC graphics are better compared to the console version of a game (Borderlands being a recent example).

Console games aren't always ported to the PC right, causing clunky controls, but that's a different matter. And PC gaming is pretty niche nowadays, with more titles coming out for the consoles. But if you're saying PC graphics are subpar compared to consoles, then your graphics card is probably older than 2 - 3 years...

I agree with you about the GK3 graphics, though. I bought the game when it was about 6 months old, even then it already was horribly outdated, graphics wise. Realtime 3D graphics don't age as well as 2D images.