Thread: Casual games
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
nonax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
We review the small handful of games that have clearly taken the next step into casual adventure territory.
That is a bold statement. It is more like you review the ones that you accidently have come across. And most of them are just related to wel known vip's in the ag industry and therefore seem to catch your attention.

And isn't it the very purpose of a forum to debate? Why do some dogs immediatly feel personally attacked when someone wants to argue about the chpice of reviews?
Quote:
you're always welcome to ignore them
the same is valid for postings on the forum! Nobody is saying AG is doing a bad job. We are all very appreciative about all the work and effort that is put in this beloved site. We are merely giving feedback here.

Anyway, I would love to see more reviews on casual hybrids (or wathever you like to call them), but then it shouldn't be accidental. I am also afraid it will blur the focus on the traditional AG genre when a more comprehensive part of these type of games is going to be reviewed. Maybe they could be addressed as some sub-genre. Just like the discussion about the very definition of an AG seems to be destined to the Misc - Feedback sub-genre of the forum.
Quote:
Our definition of adventure is just broad enough to encompass a few of the many casual games
- this very definition being debated here.

I would even want to go further and propose to give some attention to action-adventures, story focussed action and adventure rpg hybrids.