Thread: Casual games
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
Jackal
Hopeful skeptic

Yes, we don't review HOGS. We don't even review the gazillion so-called I(nteractive)HOGS. We review the small handful of games that have clearly taken the next step into casual adventure territory. If anyone wants to offer an opinion on those games and how adventure-like they are or aren't, that's welcomed, but don't generalize if you haven't played the very few actual titles we cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasiaD
I would agree with Nautilus that HOGs are polluting otherwise clean Adventure environment here on Adventuregamers because of commercial reasons.
Commercial reasons? I already addressed that. But don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy theory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB
Burger King sells not just burgers, but also chicken sandwiches. Pizza Hut sells not only pizza, but pasta as well. Dairy Queen sells not only dairy products, but also fast food.
This is relevant in theory, but actually doesn't apply here. As a site dedicated to adventure games, we're very intent on maintaining our focus. Our definition of adventure is just broad enough to encompass a few of the many casual games. It's more like Burger King selling a veggie burger, and someone arguing it's not a burger anymore.