View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:13 AM   #1670
SharonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by booB View Post
It's silly of me to post this, since I haven't even started the game yet...

...but I finally bought KOTOR through Steam (US$2.50), and I just got done applying all the custom widescreen resolution patches. (NOTE: for the Steam version, you have to download a "fixed" version of the .EXE file to do this easily.) I haven't played it yet; I won't have time until I get home from work tonight. But it's going to be awesome!

I'm glad this game can be played in a turn-based manner. It might allow me to become better at WASD-based keyboard play. I grew up using my right hand on the arrow keys and my left hand on the CTRL or ALT keys; this WASD + mouse stuff is all alien to me, and I have trouble playing action games because of it. I can't use my game controller because there are simply way too many buttons in the PC version to bother trying to map them all to a controller. But playing KOTOR in fully turn-based mode with the keyboard might just give me the WASD skillz to finally tackle Mass Effect.
What patches for widescreen? I just bought this game from Steam myself and I thought it came fully patched. Can you tell me what I need to do for widescreen resolution?