View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #11
Sughly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
Have you never upgraded, or even completely replaced, your PC because it was too outdated for new games and other software? Ever owned a console? Are you still on your SNES or Mega Drive?
I upgrade my PC and consoles plenty actually, but that's because they have an amount of games that are worthy of that upgrade. I'm saying that I don't justify ONE game I'm interested in as reason to pay for this particular upgrade. I wouldn't buy a PS3, for example, if there was only one game I wanted on it. I'm aware there's all these apps, my friends have iPhones and show me all the time, and are on the most part gimmicks that they're bored of in a day or two. But this game I am interested in and am merely wishing it had a release on other platforms.

Quote:
But it's difficult to market games for the PC these days. Only a small percentage of computer games sold are for the PC and the vast majority of those are World of Warcraft. And consoles, for the TV or handheld have never exactly been friendly towards AGs so imagine how valuable an opportunity touch screen systems like the iPod/Phone and N: DS must be for developers
And marketing an adventure game for a medium that I'm guessing only a small perecentage of avid adventure gamers have is apparently easier to market for? When people in other gaming forums continually reply to any mention of an adventure game as 'lol, that genre is dead'? I believe the cost savings is in development, according to straandlooper's response, who is one of the game's developers.

And well, yeah, release it on NDS and I'll be more than happy. See, I bought that console because it had numerous titles that I wanted to play, and had numerous on the way. If this game leads to a sudden overhaul of great titles on the iPhone/iPod touch then maybe I'll consider it, but not now when only one game interests me. Most games that are on it have better counterparts on DS anyway. So no, I'm not about to go out and hock off my full 80Gb iPod for something a fraction of it's size with features I don't have use for.

Quote:
I suggest you don't look at it like upgrading your old MP3 player but like you’re getting a new handheld system that also plays games with hundreds, possibly thousands, or other apps you can download and can be quite useful.
As I said, apps I'm not that much of a fan of myself, and as for games - if it seriously considers itself a medium for games and you're using this as a selling point for the iPhone or iPod touch, then it better start taking it's game lineup a lot more seriously if it wants to better NDS or PSP, of which are in my opinion offering much more.

Quote:
Would you prefer it if the only people to reply were people who agree with you?
No, kadji-kun commented that he thought I was providing an answer. I don't have an ego so big I think I have THE answer. I'm simply providing subject of debate and retort. Read the posts properly before you have a go at me.

Now playing: The Longest Journey, Gray Matter, Lost Horizon
Recently finished: Sanitarium
Looking Forward To: Deponia, Resonance