View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #10
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadji-kun View Post
And here I thought you were going to provide the correct answer. What you should of said "You don't have to replace your phone. Just get an ipod Touch which does everything the iphone does, without the phone oriented features".

Last time I said that on another forum, someone said "What is the point of getting it when you don't get those missing features?".
You are right, ofc, I hadn't even considered getting an iPhone touch previously because the iPhone does it all and you don't need both. I don't have a mobile, yet, but you've made me realise that I need to look at a broader field than simply the iPhone if I can just get TOUCH because there's some great 2G phones available at reasonable prices where you can get PSPs or Wiis for free.

Thanks for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sughly View Post
Haha, well, I can then respond to that myself by saying do I need to replace my perfectly working iPod for an iPod touch just because it has a game on it? Same deal really.
Have you never upgraded, or even completely replaced, your PC because it was too outdated for new games and other software? Ever owned a console? Are you still on your SNES or Mega Drive? I know a lot of hardcore Adventure Gamers frown on the need to upgrade to play but nobody is expecting you to rush out to buy the latest gadgets just to play the latest games.
Quote:
My point isn't to try and find an answer - since when did ranting and raving seek answers
Would you prefer it if the only people to reply were people who agree with you?
Quote:
And I understand it's been developed for portable and yes in that instance iPod phones/touchies are a good medium, but my reason for being upset is that it looks like a great game that in my opinion looks more exciting than a lot of PC adventures being made.
But it's difficult to market games for the PC these days. Only a small percentage of computer games sold are for the PC and the vast majority of those are World of Warcraft. And consoles, for the TV or handheld have never exactly been friendly towards AGs so imagine how valuable an opportunity touch screen systems like the iPod/Phone and N: DS must be for developers; systems with sound and video quality that is similar to larger consoles and desktops with a method of interface that is uniquely suitable for this genre.

NO AG developers had a meeting to decide how to screw us over best; they just saw these new platforms come out and immediately saw how it could benefit their games and, more importantly, the survival of their companies.

Quote:
For that reason I'm just disapointed that because I'm not at the top of the consumerism food chain I won't be able to play it. No answers to that really except enough sales that can bring about ports to others platforms hopefully...
You can do what I'm doing and save up for it. In your place I'd probably sell your old iPod to help with that (though, if I had an older model, I'd probably just give it to a friend or relative). Fortunately I didn't go out and buy a previous model that I'd be forced to replace but I am residing to the fact that, eventually, a newer model will come out or even a completely superior alternative from another company that games will be designed for, and eventually I'll need to upgrade if I want to play them. Wanting to play them doesn’t make it obligatory that I should, though.

I suggest you don't look at it like upgrading your old MP3 player but like you’re getting a new handheld system that also plays games with hundreds, possibly thousands, or other apps you can download and can be quite useful.

Last edited by Marduk; 11-27-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: N:DS = Nintendo DS, not N:Grin:S