View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #1652
jbunniii

Currently playing "The Longest Journey," at the start of Chapter 12 of 13. I've had to use a couple of hints for what turned out to be annoying reasons ("you have to show such and such item from your inventory to so and so before you are allowed to do this completely unrelated thing in a different part of the city"), but most of the puzzles have made pretty good sense.

On ice (savegame) right now is Baldur's Gate. This is my first time playing it! I'm not very far yet, haven't gone to the Nashkel mines. I'm wandering around trying to level up my party a few times (I think everyone is currently level 3) before tackling the next part of the main plot. I got stuck in one spot where some ogres or such kept killing my party with poison arrows. Obviously I need more potions and/or a way to prevent them from shooting me in the first place. Just bought a "hold person" spell which looks promising but I seem not to be able to cast it yet. Got annoyed and that's why it's on ice now. I'll try again once I finish "The Longest Journey."

"TLJ" is actually the first adventure game I've played since the mid 1980s (old Apple II days). I was browsing through GOG's catalogue and thought, what the heck, that should be a nice change of pace. This seems to have been a slippery slope as I have since also bought Tex Murphy Under a Killing Moon and am considering some others as well!