View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #39
dna777

Hi, i was thinking about non-violent games for a few years. I like to play games but killing (even on screen) makes me feel bad and non-social. The adventure genre witch crossing terrain is a theme could be a perfect alternative to violent rpgs. The atraction ingredient could be an extreme agility of character (with great motion-capture animations) that could climb steep slopes, jump from tree to tree, cross swamps. Great graphics is also a component of attraction for players. Other idea is to walk in the forest as a naturalist scientist and to study animals and creatures i.e. try to sneak close to group of monkeys (or elves ) and study their behaviors. Eventually solve social problems between species within a forest by completing quests.

Making a game from a scratch is a huge project but it would be easier to create a mods or expansion packs to existing games. Maybe we could form group and start making mod based on Oblivion or other modable title with nice engine?

ps lately i've player in nice non-combat game Lost via Domus witch i can recomend.