View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 PM   #1070
D.C.

Batman: Arkham Asylum:

Now this game is something pretty freakin' special. Full of atmosphere and good times a-plenty. It sort of reminds me of Psychonauts in an odd kind of way, 'cause there's a whole lot more here than meets the eye. It's more than the sum of its parts and all that. There's a whole lot of attention to detail. I spent so much time exploring Arkham Asylum and its surrounds and taking in the atmosphere of the spooky and mysterious kind. I loved how the Joker constantly mocked his own mercs as Batman took 'em out one-by-one. The story was all kinds of awesome. Over the top and grounded in realism at the same time, mixing funny and serious.

Tales of Monkey Island: Lair of the Leviathan:

I've loved the previous episodes in the series, but I think this one is definitely the best so far. It's been awesome to see the arc unfold and meet-and-greetin' characters, both new and old. The puzzles here were amazing. Felt like I was playing a classic adventure all the way through from start to finish. I'd mention all the highlights, but then I'd basically be spoiling the entire game. Good times!