View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
Adventurer4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP View Post
I'd say you spent too much time on tangential info about Unreal Engine, though. And much too much on Haplo's voice and "the fix", considering there is (if I remember correctly) an option to turn it off while keeping other voices on.
I know that the stuff about unreal wasn't really relevant, but I did want to stress that the lead designer of this game is now involved in one of the most successfully engine developments of current times, as a way to enforce my comments on the design elements in Death Gate. I think the unreal part is only about 30 seconds long.. but I totally understand your valid point.

As for the "option" thing... I had no idea that was possible... I just checked and it IS possible... in fact I never even opened the option screen... Thanks for the tip... next time I do one I will take the time to go though the options.... this is a bit embarrassing.. oh well..

Quote:
Also, I dig your voice and accent. I suppose you must have been already told you sound just like Doctor Chase in House TV show?
You know out of all the comments I get after I started this little hobby project.. people commenting on my voice as being nice was totally unexpected, is very flattering and in a way sort of embarrassing... I am shocked at how often it happens.. I have even been asked to do a voice over in a homebrew adventure game lol

Quote:
Also also, if you want more Legend fix (and own the game), there is a Blackstone Chronicles (with Henry "Xar" Strozier as the villain!) playthrough elsewhere in the forums juhst starting up.
I have all the Legend games and they are all amazingly good imo. I have no idea why Legends has sort of fallen off the radar. I chose Death Gate, not cause it was the best of the lot... I think I prefer Shannara personally, but because I thought that the Death Gate in addition to being a great game probably has a larger fan bases from the book series... probably a silly decision in retro spec.. but I figured they Death Gate is so good... no one would really pick up on that.. heheh... who was I kidding

I love constructive comments like yours... thanks for taking the time.
A4L

PS - I will added your Haplo voice thing into a comment on the video

Last edited by Adventurer4Life; 09-26-2009 at 06:31 PM.