View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 10:43 AM   #108
tsa
Playing character

Today was the big day for Annabel and Jens. I took Annabel to the rabbit shelter, and she and Jens were put together in one large area that was specially made for 'coupling' as they called it. Everything seemed to go OK with the two rabbits. There was no fighting, and they were both interested in each other. So I took them both home in the car and put them on the floor.
For about 1.5 hours they walked around a bit. Annabel was clearly scared of Jens. She would come to him, touch her nose to his, and run away as fast as she could. Eventually they both layed down, as far apart form each other as possible. Well, actually Jens was OK with everything that happened to him; it was Annabel who kept her distance.
After a while I wanted to go to the supermarket, so I put both rabbits in Annabel's cage. Annabel didn't like that at all! She was so scared of Jens, who just wanted to get to know her, that she grunted loudly at him and used her paws on him. Fur flew in every direction. I opened the cage again and Annabel shot out of it like a bullet. She didn't know how fast she had to hide under the couch.
Now I had Annabel scared under the couch and Jens streched out lazily in her cage. That was an undesirable situation. So I made a makeshift cage for Jens, and made sure Annabel could get into her cage again.
This evening I brough Jens back. The poor guy. He is a very sweet rabbit, much easier to handle than Annabel. I hope he finds a new owner soon.