View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 07:07 PM   #1063
Roper Klacks

In the last couple of weeks i've been discovering several console games that i had never played before, simply because i never had a console before, i bought my first console (a PS2) a month ago.

ICO -8/10

I think i already mentioned it before in other thread. I really enjoyed it, very simple and minimalistic, however it has a very unique... soul, i cant find a better word. It is in its essence a basic platformer like Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia, and it shares a lot of similarities with those games gameplay wise.

Shadow of the Colossus - 7/10

This is the spiritual successor of ICO. This one is a pitty, it could have been great but some serious flaws were a bit too annoying. The beginning is great, meeting the first colossus and killing it is a fantastic experience, however we must repeat the exact same process (listen to the god-mount horse-search colossus-kill it-repeat) 16 times, which is too tiring and boring for me. By the 10th Colossus i had no motivation to continue, and the story only progressed at the ending. On top of that, the camera is just awfull. However, it had some brilliant moments.

Metal Gear Solid - 9/10

Yep, i had never played a MGS once, i had no interest at all in this saga. But i really liked this one. Actually i played this one on the PC (i didn't even known that it was available on the PC) but it is a pure console game, and one of the icons of the sony console. I loved the story, it is almost a 80's war hero child fantasy story, with super strong heroes, bigger than life villians, guns, bombs, giant robots, i mean wow! I used to love this kind of stuff when i was a kid. And the story is so fast paced, and with so many twists like a cheap soap opera But, most of all its not to be taken serious. I really enjoyed.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - 6/10

What a dissapointment
The first half of the game was very good, very similar to the first one, however, after a certain twist the story goes completely nuts, with bad writing, ridiculous twist and even cheap philosophical bullshit. A complete mess. I'm now playing the 3rd one, which is going well.