View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
crabapple

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattWBradbury View Post
How about you guys. How many adventure games can you play in a row before you get burned out on the genre? I'd say I got burned out after three.
I don't think I've ever played exclusively adventures without having a game from another genre going at the same time. So my getting burned out doesn't have much to do with how many I've played in a row (without playing any other genre in between).

What does burn me out is playing a succession of mediocre adventure games which never manage to engage me in either the story or the puzzle or the exploration department. I haven't enjoyed a "serious" 3rd person adventure this year other than The Lost Crown and Sherlock vs Jack the Ripper. (I did enjoy Dracula Origin because I enjoyed the puzzles, but I think I played that last year.)

Lately I've been replaying Dungeon Keeper 2 even though I have a few unplayed adventure games I haven't installed yet. None of them really look that appealing at the moment because I'm not in the mood to listen to a lot of dialogue.