View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
MattWBradbury
Pixel Clicker

Yeah, I kind of agree with you, Adventurer4Life. There are some moments when I'm playing an RPG where I stop and say to myself, "What on Earth am I doing here?" Usually this happens when I'm wasting my time just trying to make my character stronger or looking for rare items.

I will tell you that there are some very compelling stories out there in the genre. One of my all time favorites is Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Unlike a good portion of RPGs, I never felt like I was wasting my time. Games like Fallout 3, however, are basically dungeon clearing games that can waste a lot of time. And yes, MMOs are a thing I really hope to never get into. I kind of like seeing the daylight, and getting together with my friends and loved ones.

Orient, yeah, I should really have mixed it up. I just wanted to play some of the classic games before I switch over to Windows 7. The odds of these games working on it are not looking too good, especially The Longest Journey.

The last adventure game I played before my purchase was The Experiment; it's an interesting game, but the technical aspect of it started to add up to something that was not at all compelling and a big waste of time. I never finished it. My brother played Dracula: Origin, and said it was terrible, so I didn't even bother. Other than that, Overclocked was decent, but I was really looking for something that was as awesome as Gabriel Knight 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum is coming out soon, so I'll probably pick that up. Nothing quite like beating the tarnation out of some bad dudes.