View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
MattWBradbury
Pixel Clicker

Default Burned Out on Adventure Games Yet?

About a month ago, I purchased 5 great games from the past decade: Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, Return to Mysterious Island, Still life, The Longest Journey, and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey. Right now, I'm on chapter 5 of TLJ.

I have to admit that, even though I've always given high praise to adventure games, I feel rather burned out on them right now. Maybe it's that I didn't expect TLJ to be that long. After playing Still Life, which ended before it actually finished, this game seems extremely long (especially with dialogue sequences reaching the half hour mark), and I feel like I'm not giving it proper attention.

Right now, I am in some serious need of some Action Adventure or FPS gaming. Where is Half-Life 2 Episode 3 when I need it? Though I think this can happen with any genre; playing Fallout 3 right after Mass Effect has given me an RPG fix to last for another six months at least.

How about you guys. How many adventure games can you play in a row before you get burned out on the genre? I'd say I got burned out after three.