View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #3591
Zack

DISTRICT 9

I saw District 9 last week at a neighborhood theater, and it was fantastic! It was one of the most original Science-Fiction movies I had ever seen. It was action-packed, pretty creepy, and very realistic. The aliens on the screen looked so real, you'd probably be surprised that they were all CG. The lead actor, Sharlton Copley, who I had never heard of before, plays a character that starts off as a gee-whiz kind of jerk, and then grows believably throughout the film because of nice character development.

Without spoiling anything, I will say that the movie starts off as sort of a Mockumentary (where they show it in documentary style, but it wasn't real) type film, and then turns into an intense action-thriller.

I definitely recommend it to anybody who enjoys Science-Fiction films. After that, I went to go see The Time Traveller's Wife. I watched it only because Rachel McAdams was in it. I thought it was mediocre, but cute at the same time. I liked the decent chemistry between her and Eric Bana. Only go see it if you like Romance films.