View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:23 AM   #4292
tsa
Playing character

I also lived in a nice flat when I did my Ph.D. We had Fred the loser, who was very smart and unbelievably uncaring. He overslept big time once when he had a very important job interview. He had to appear in court because he was too lazy to remove his car wreck from the street. Then we had Ellen who is still a good friend of mine. She moved with her boyfriend to Hengelo and later to Deventer. She was more or less normal (she still is). Next was Angelina. We called her Angie, as she did herself, and she had the ability to wind any man around her finger. She was nice, and very good at bridge. Her study was not so important to her until she finally decided she had had enough fun and she should finish her study. During her last year she managed to flood the laboratory during the night because her setup was a bit less secure than she thought. Later she moved to Den Haag.
She was replaced by another Fred, who was a real nerd. He introduced me to Linux, which was cool. We got along quite well. The first Fred was replaced by Charlotte, who was lean, blond, young, tall and beautiful when she entered the house. Fred had promised to have his room cleaned out when she arrived, so naturally he was still fast asleep when Charlotte appeared with a car and wagon full of her stuff. Charlotte was a nice girl, except when you had a relationship with her. She once went to Spain on vacation, and her boyfriend was not allowed to come with her. We got calls from weird guys for weeks after she was back. I wonder how she is doing now. I guess she is doing quite well. She wasn't stupid, but not really used to use her brain.

Of course I faked all the names, but not the rest. I still have good memories of the bunch of people I lived with there.