View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #11
booB
Junior Mint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Writer View Post
I hear "Overclocked" is pretty straightforward, it's like a movie and you just have to click on the right things to move ahead.
I have not played Overclocked, but this is pretty much how I would describe Dreamfall. There is a lot more running from place to place, and watching cut scenes, than there is actual gameplay. However, if you didn't lose interest in TLJ during the last few chapters (where, with the exception of the spaceport, there was very little gameplay, and mostly walking and dialogue), then you should be okay with Dreamfall. Despite not having all that much actual gameplay, it IS extremely immersive. The narrative and dialogue are some of the best in any game, ever, and you will come to care about ALL of the characters, even the "bad guys". Plus, it is a huge game.

Quote:
"Dreamfall" seems to offer a combination of things and from what I've read about it it's like it has a slight RPG feel to it
I didn't notice any RPG elements or feel to it; I felt like it was more of a hybrid between traditional adventure and 3D light action game. It has mild elements of platforming, fighting, and stealth, but all of these are pretty easy to master unless you are a *complete* novice to 3D action games (and many of those people *still* love this game).