View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #1
Little Writer

Default Dreamfall vs Overclocked

I'm in a conundrum that I can't decide which game to get next. I've played the "Overclocked" demo and really liked it. I'm finishing up with "The Longest Journey" and like it as well. I've heard "Dreamfall" is rather different than its predecessor, though.

I've read several reviews of both games, even watched gameplay vids. To be honest, it only made matters worse

So I still have some questions. From an economic point of view, which game is the longest? By which I don't mean which one has the hardest puzzles (that's another question).

Which I pose here: the hardest puzzles. I hate Myst-style puzzles; I have Sierra and LucasArts experience (with the latter earning my personal preference) so inventory puzzles and finding the right character to talk to are my cup of tea. I hear "Overclocked" is pretty straightforward, it's like a movie and you just have to click on the right things to move ahead. "Dreamfall" seems to offer a combination of things and from what I've read about it it's like it has a slight RPG feel to it, almost in the same way as you can say that the Final Fantasy games have a slight adventure game feel to them.

I know they're two totally different games and stories, but which one is the more immersive? I'd say "Dreamfall" because of all the details; "Overclocked" seems to give the feeling that you're still watching something instead of being inside something.

Also from an economic point of view, both games have the same price tag. Can we expect a drop in price which might solve the problem in another way, meaning I can just get both games at once?

Just finished:Jurassic Park, Mata Hari
Playing now:Assassin's Creed 2, So Blonde
To be continued:Final Fantasy 13