View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
MoriartyL
Not like them!

Send a message via AIM to MoriartyL

The only editorial interference I anticipate is that whenever a particular brand (like Spider-Man) becomes popular among kids, they'll tone down the adult content in those comics. I'm okay with that. It's obviously not ideal, but if that's the price to pay for getting a bigger audience it's worth it.

I expect to see even more cartoons of Marvel characters, and possibly some live-action shows. I'm hoping for a live-action Runaways. That would be awesome. I'm also hoping for a cartoon which is set in the current Marvel universe (as though it were just another comic). But realistically, I'm expecting a lot more of the usual Spider-Man and X-Men adaptations. Or whatever they actually have the rights to- a lot of stuff (like movie rights) they'll only have after many years of waiting patiently.

I'm looking forward to the extra marketing and distribution channels Disney's sure to give the comics. I expect flashy advertisements for the comics at the beginnings of DVDs, on all their family channels, etc. I expect them to start getting some of the comics in more visible places than comic book stores. This is going to be really healthy for the comics, I think.