View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
kuze
In an evening of July...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I could see a "The Longest Journey" universe MMO. It wouldn't be all exploring, but we could find out about all of the stuff only mentioned.

You could be your own original character, with your own problems and drives, going through this world, while deeper things are in works that you can see.
Problems and drives? I admit, this sounds awesome on paper, but the designers would have to come up with stuff that would be occupying you for months, even years. What kind of problems are you thinking of? Going to work, fighting with your boss, buying food, struggling with money problems? I believe we're playing this MMO already, and it's not all that much fun. Or maybe we'll be fighting those Dreamfall trolls day-in and day-out, let's see how much fun that'll be.

This is a fundamental problem with MMORPGs, and even though we are being promised something "completely different" with the upcoming Star Wars MMO, I am very sceptical. But at least BioWare has the money to create a huge, unique world with lots of stuff to do, Dreamfall would never have this kind of financial support.

I am strongly opposed to the idea of Dreamfall as an MMO because I'd hate to see Funcum or whoever pumping money in this project, neglecting the sequels, only to deliver something that'll die after a few months.