View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 04:35 AM   #345
dekaneas297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
The marketing was very similar with dtp's Mata Hari. First a very cool website (which you can't even find with google), no updates besides two very simple trailers, then complete silence for many months - the game got released and I'm not sure if it was even mentioned there.
That's not quite true. If you put "Mata Hari Game" in google it's the fourth result. Of course if you put just "Mata Hari" there are tons of results before. I guess you understand why. Also, the trailers and the screenshots kept coming (except for a silent period). And the ultimate problem was that it was released in German first with no signs of English release. That's why it wasn't greatly mentioned.

In Gray Matter the above doesn't apply. No screenshots, no trailers (until a week ago). Give us 10 decent screenshots for the love of God. Not artworks. And the game is going to be released in English.

I don't excuse dtp's marketing for Mata Hari. I guess their intention was the German audience only (or majorly) so their efforts were not greater.