View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #339
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
I don't think anyone's questioning the quality of the trailer itself, but it really doesn't give us any impression that progress is being made on the game's development.

As for the DNF references, there was a trailer for DNF in the fall of 07, and about a year or so later the game production was pretty much dead. Nobody is proclaiming Gray Matter is dead because of this, but I think it is false to dispute the fact that for such a highly-anticipated game, developers would give the fans a little more than what we saw in the trailer to reassure us that progress is underway and the game is nearing completion.

What amuses me is how some of us continue to make excuses for what truly is embarrassingly incompetent marketing by a publisher.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien